Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Radium Hot Springs & Invermere

I am definitely behind in my blogging, especially since we haven't done much this summer that hasn't involved renoing the house. My goal is to be much more on top of things by mid-fall, but only time will tell.

My daughter and I took a short trip to Radium Hot Springs to stay with some good friends who had rented a cottage. First I must point out that this two-level, two suite "cottage" was incredible. Very modern with every convenience. There are truly some amazing accommodations in Radium. Second, I meant to take a whole lot more pictures, but I was so busy having fun, I only got a handful.

We arrived Thursday afternoon and left early Sunday morning. In that time we went to the actual hot springs three times. The prices we quite affordable. We went once Thursday evening about supper time (which was a great time as it was pretty empty) and twice on Saturday with their "All Day Pass". We went in the morning when it opened at 9 am (it was almost empty and it was delightful) and then about 8 pm that evening (it was packed rather like "human soup" as my friend called it). The first two times we did both the cool (which is actually nice and warm) and the hot pools (amazingly warm). Our last trip we just soaked in the hot pools and then grabbed an ice cream cone from the gift shop on the way out. 

I stopped to grabbed a few pics of the gully near the parking lot that evening.

Gully near Radium Hot Spring, BC.
Sunset near Radium Hot Springs.

Radium road in stark colors.
Road to Radium Hot Springs from town.

Near Radium Hot Springs parking lot.

Sun setting near Radium, BC.
 
Friday we spent the better part of the day in Invermere. Just 15 minutes from Radium, this town has plenty to offer visitors including the most affordable groceries found in the area at the Sobey's. There is plenty to do and see downtown and I managed to grab a couple of shots in between window shopping. There is also a fantastic cafe called the Kicking Horse Cafe, located near the highway, which we visited every morning. I managed to grab a few pics of that as well.

At the bookstore in Downtown Invermere, BC.

Downtown Invermere, BC


The Kicking Horse Cafe in Invermere, BC.

Kicking Horse Cafe sign.

Patio seating at the Kicking Horse Cafe.

All in all it was a great trip. Very relaxing. Can't wait to visit Radium Hot Springs and area again. There was lots we didn't get the chance to do and see. Have you ever been to Radium Hot Springs? Have you ever visited any hot springs before? Love it or hate it? Please leave an opinion or comment below.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous photos, Jen! I am ready to move ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mack! It is a gorgeous area. Definitely worth the time to visit, summer or winter (not far from great skiing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures you took are awesome! The sceneries are very relaxing, and I'm sure they would look even better during the winter. Hot springs are definitely the best. ;) They can give you that soothing feeling that helps rejuvenate your body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really do Shanae. I love to visit the hot springs whenever I get the chance. I think they are magical in the winter! Glad you enjoyed the pics.

    ReplyDelete