Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Endings, Beginnings & The Now

Not the most original or catchiest of titles, but fitting none the less as the title of my first post as Okanagan Jen.

Now, let’s see, where do I begin....

     ...at the beginning I suppose. It all started with an idea, or rather maybe a desire. What desire you may ask? Well that would be my desire to write. Also from a need to share this wonderful place that I call home. Can you guess where that might be? If you guessed the Okanagan (located in south central British Columbia, Canada), then you would be correct. We have it all here. Four incredible seasons with so much to do...but I am getting a head of myself.

Back to my desires to write and to share, which then lead to the idea. It came to me as I lay in bed at about 1 am. Now plenty of ideas and thoughts come and go when I am in bed but this one brought me from dozing to wide awake. It would not let me get back to sleep! My idea was simple. I too could join this world of social media and start my own blog.

Now doubts of course creep in. Who in the world would find and read my blog. But as I have begun this process to create my blog, I find that it has become less and less about who will read it, but rather that I am writing. Writing in fact about something I love, something that interests me, something I want to share with whoever might happen along. And I am doing it, right now.

You ask, where do the endings come in?  That would be the end of my spare time...as I hope to be using it to blog and to experiencing more things to blog about.

So if you are happening along, whoever you might be, don't be shy. Leave a comment, sign up by email or share it on Facebook. While you’re at it, how many of you are also bloggers?

No comments:

Post a Comment